Welcome to aaronbeeken.com. Aaron Beeken is a professional guitarist from Peterborough, UK. Aaron specialises in rock and metal genres, session work and advanced lead guitar techniques. Aaron also has a strong musical background in jazz, funk, pop, soul, blues, classical and music theory. He is currently lead guitarist of the progressive metal band SYNAPTIK alongside guitarist and vocalist in function band RACING THE WORLD.
Aaron Beeken is also an experienced guitar teacher located in Cambridgeshire with a PGCE in Music Education, Grade 8 Distinction in Guitar, Grade A Music A Level and also a (BA Hons) Degree in Contemporary Popular Music.
Further information about lessons is available further down on this page.
“In my opinion, Aaron Beeken is one of the most gifted and dedicated young musicians, and tutor, who has worked hard towards his own goals. At the same time, being central to our son’s life, and life choices, always offering valuable time and support, even though he was under his own deadlines and pressures of completing his degree. ” C. Allett - Peterborough.
“I feel that because I have known Aaron Beeken for so long, both personally and in his mothers professional capacity I am qualified to say that Aaron is completely trustworthy, someone who works as hard as he can to do the right thing, caring, dedicated and a very skilled musician who is also a pleasure to know. ” P. Matthews - Market Deeping.
“Abi was very shy and found social interaction difficult. Aaron Beeken was very patient and demonstrated his highly developed communication skills, building an empathetic teacher, pupil relationship with Abi. Over the years Abi developed both in her guitar playing skills and her confidence". M. H. - Deeping st James.
Aaron Beeken's lessons were always one to look forward to as they were practical, insightful, and entertaining aspects, which are complimentary of his down to earth personality. Although he only taught me for a year, the impact he had on my education and career choices has been immense, so much so that I decided to follow his footsteps to study at ACM, the university he graduated from.” J.Senior - Bourne.
“As an ex student of Aaron Beeken I can say that I learned something new everyday about playing guitar or music theory as a whole”. B. Thorogood - Bourne.
“From blues to rock to jazz and funk, Aaron Beeken has a wide range of playing styles and inspired me to branch out into different genres which helped me with my university music course in London.” D. Darmanin - Bourne.
WHAT DO GUITAR LESSONS INVOLVE?
* Learning your favourite songs by choosing to learn the songs that you want to learn
* Learning your instrument of choice - be it 6 string electric guitar, 7- string electric acoustic guitar or bass. Or all of them!
* Learning parts (riffs and chord patterns) of songs that help you develop as a guitarist
* Having accurate transcriptions of your favourite songs
* Learning to perform a new style of music
*Developing your guitar technique and control of the instrument
* Learning basic techniques such as fretting notes, learning the fretboard, playing your first chords, strumming techniques, picking properly, using the plectrum, fingerpicking, left hand posture, producing a good tone.
* Mastering more advanced techniques such as legato, slides, hammer-on's and pull offs, two-hand tapping, string skipping, eight finger tapping, ghost notes, understanding and playing in odd time signatures, soloing over odd time signatures, learning the diatonic modes, learning harmonic minor, melodic minor, learning the modes of the harmonic and melodic minor and how to use them, alternate picking, hybrid picking, economy picking, vibrato, intonation, bending sweep picking, pinched harmonics, artificial harmonics, harp harmonics, accents and more.
*Developing your confidence
* Keeping your mind active by learning something new and interesting.
* Learning in a fun, interesting and musical way from Aaron's modern and up to date approach to teaching music.
*Developing your ear for music recognising intervals, chords and rhythms.
*Learning to improvise in one or many different styles of music
* Learning new songs and artists to inspire you
* The art of recording and music technology
* Learning how to read music on the guitar
*Progressing through the instrumental grades
* Writing your own songs and compositions
*Learning how to sing and play guitar at the same time
* And much more!
- Lessons provided in well equipped home studio in Walton, Peterborough.
- One-to-One Tuition. Duo/group lessons available upon request.
- The first guitar lesson is a good time to see if there is a positive working relationship between you as student and Aaron as your guitar teacher. If you feel it is not for you then that's okay and you don't have to book any more lessons. If however you want to continue with Aaron your next lesson can then be booked in..
- Most students have lessons on a weekly basis. Lessons are aimed to be at a regular time and day each week.
If regular times can't be made (due to shift work for example) Aaron is as flexible with booking times as reasonably possible and aims to arrange a lesson at a different time or day of the week with you.
- Every attempt is made to monitor and reply to emails and enquiries, however sometimes the odd email can get accidentally missed. If more than three working days has past and you haven't had a response to an enquiry you are encouraged to text Aaron on the number provided on the contact page.
- If a student need to cancel a guitar lesson it is requested that they give at least 24 hours notice. If less than 24 hours notice is given, Aaron will provide a reasonable effort to rearrange the lesson that same week. If this is not possible it is requested the missed lesson is paid for in full.
- Payments left outstanding for previous or missed guitar lessons will suspend any further lessons from taking place until the full amount owed is paid.
- Teaching CV includes Thomas Deacon Academy, Jack Hunt School, The Deepings School, Bourne Academy, Thorpe Primary and Deeping st James County Primary.
- DBS approved as safe for working with children and vulnerable adults. Parents welcome to sit in on lessons.
- Aaron Beeken is a member of the national register of UK teachers, a member of The National Hypnotherapy Society and also The National Counselling Society.