Welcome to aaronbeeken.com. Aaron Beeken is a guitarist, session musician and music teacher from Peterborough, UK. As a musician Aaron specialises in rock guitar and advanced lead guitar techniques. Aaron enjoys teaching complete beginners across to intermediate and advanced guitarists and bass players of all ages.
Aaron is currently lead guitarist of SYNAPTIK having also been guitarist of SONS OF KAL-EL and PROTO INFERNO. Aaron is available to hire as a guitarist for local, national and international gigs. Alongside function gigs and recording, Aaron has experience performing guitar live alongside Steve Vai, touring abroad, and teching for current Judas Priest and Hell guitarist Andy Sneap. In 2010 Aaron graduated from The Academy of Contemporary Music with a (BA Hons) Degree in Contemporary Music. Aaron is also a fully qualified teacher of Music with a PGCE in Secondary Music Education. In addition to having a passion for teaching advanced rock guitar techniques, improvisation, reading music, music theory and songwriting Aaron also teaches Rockschool Guitar Syllabus from Debut to Grade 8.
Guitar and bass lessons are differentiated to meet each individual student's musical interests and learning needs. Learning to play the guitar or bass with Aaron Beeken may involve:
* Learning your favourite songs
* Having accurate transcriptions of your favourite solos
*Developing your guitar technique and control of the instrument
*Developing your confidence
* Learning new chords, scales, arpeggios and music theory in an exciting musical way
*Developing your ear for music
*Learning to improvise in one or many different styles of music
* Learning new songs and artists to inspire you
* Making a high quality recording of yourself performing a song you want to learn
* Learning how guitarists can read music
*Progressing through the instrumental and theoretical grades
* Writing your own songs
*Learning how to sing and play guitar at the same time
- Lessons provided in well equipped home studio in Walton, Peterborough.
- One-to-One Tuition. Duo/group lessons available upon request.
- Offers available if bulk lessons are purchased and paid for in advance.
- Teaching CV includes Thomas Deacon Academy, Jack Hunt School, The Deepings School, Bourne Academy, Thorpe Primary and Deeping st James County Primary.
- DBS checked safe for working with children and vulnerable adults. Parents welcome to sit in on lessons.
Tuition for GCSE Music, Level 2-3 BTEC, A Level Music and rock school grades.
- Member of the national register of UK teachers, registered qualified member of The National Hypnotherapy Society and student member of The National Counselling Society.
- Cancelations within less than 24 hours notice by phone may be subject to full fee of the lesson.
“In my opinion, Aaron Beeken is one of the most gifted and dedicated young musicians, and tutor, who has worked hard towards his own goals. At the same time, being central to our son’s life, and life choices, always offering valuable time and support, even though he was under his own deadlines and pressures of completing his degree. ” C. Allett - Peterborough.
“I feel that because I have known Aaron Beeken for so long, both personally and in his mothers professional capacity I am qualified to say that Aaron is completely trustworthy, someone who works as hard as he can to do the right thing, caring, dedicated and a very skilled musician who is also a pleasure to know. ” P. Matthews - Market Deeping.
“Abi was very shy and found social interaction difficult. Aaron Beeken was very patient and demonstrated his highly developed communication skills, building an empathetic teacher, pupil relationship with Abi. Over the years Abi developed both in her guitar playing skills and her confidence. ” M. Horder - Deeping st James.
Aaron Beeken's lessons were always one to look forward to as they were practical, insightful, and entertaining aspects, which are complimentary of his down to earth personality. Although he only taught me for a year, the impact he had on my education and career choices has been immense, so much so that I decided to follow his footsteps to study at ACM, the university he graduated from.” J.Senior - Bourne.
“As an ex student of Aaron Beeken I can say that I learned something new everyday about playing guitar or music theory as a whole”. B. Thorogood - Bourne.
“From blues to rock to jazz and funk, Aaron Beeken has a wide range of playing styles and inspired me to branch out into different genres which helped me with my university music course in London.” D. Darmanin - Bourne.